Friday, December 18, 2020

Off Day Stuff.

So I practiced, practiced, practiced yesterday. I practiced my punches. I got a one hour break for lunch yesterday and went to a tennis/soccer park in Newberry. I was going to go out and practice my stances but I didn't want to embarrass my Sifu. So I practiced my punches in the cab of my work truck. If I slide the seat back far enough, when I punch, my fist goes through the steering wheel without too much "aiming". The straight punch was fine but I did catch my thumb with the vertical punch a couple of times. I can block with my non punching hand and punch at the same time. It took a lot of concentration and focus. I have to do it "karate style" however. I haven't got the "flowing" thing down yet but with a steering wheel that "flowing" probably wouldn't have happened regardless. "Sigh". It's funny looking at the people doing sideways glances of me "punching" my steering wheel that were passing by in the park. I can't imagine what I looked like to them. The cops didn't show up so I couldn't have appeared too deranged. Working out in the cab of a truck isn't the best option. I did work on clenching and relaxing the "core" muscles but I certainly didn't work up a sweat at any point yesterday. My wife has surgury today. In a COVID world that means I will sit in my car waiting for the all clear to come and get her when she is all done. I've always been with her and this just makes me more anxious. I know it's for everyones safety. I just want to be with her in the hospital. It's a minor procedure that has happened before (this will be her 5th and final surgery) but I'm still nervous. I downloaded the movie The Grandmaster to keep me distracted. We do have a lot of streaming services we subscribe to but I wasn't able to find it so I paid $10 and bought it. Ip Man was a fascinating person. Maybe I will practice my stances later today. Have a good day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment