Saturday, May 28, 2011

They say that when you train for a marathon you will have injuries. I got my first one 6 weeks into training. I was doing footwork drills like butt kicks and high knee lifts. Then I did some side to side shuffles when I stumbled and pulled my gracilis muscle on Wednesday. Now I am to rest up to 3 weeks!!! So I went to the gym Friday and did situps and weight lifting as cross training. Woke up Saturday morning and I'm limping every time I walk! I guess I need total rest. This sucks!!!

Oh well, could be worse. The marathon could be in a few days instead of months away so I should count my blessings!

Theron, from the Savannah Striders, is right..."Just run, leave that fancy stuff alone!"

Savannah Marathon Tip #2: The course for the Rock and Roll Marathon in Savannah has very few hills! Just a few overpass and on/off ramp kinds of hills for the most part. Mostly asphalt with some concrete will make this a good course for beginners and those running with injuries.

Here is the course map web site: here

Here are the turn by turn directions for the marathon: here

Keep running!!! Keep it simple!!!

I guess I'll just sit here and rest!

I will be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment